Darwin D. Martin Residence (1904), Buffalo, New York
Darwin D. Martin was a brother of W.E. Martin who founded the Larkin Company. The Martin House was built in 1904 and was part of the Darwin D. Martin House Complex (1903-05), an integrated composition consisting of the main Martin House (15,000 sq. ft.), a smaller house built for Martin’s sister, a glass-roofed conservatory linked to the main house by a 100-ft. long pergola, and a carriage house with a chauffeur’s apartment above. A gardener’s cottage with greenhouse was added in 1908.
Location: 125 Jewett Parkway, Buffalo, New York 14214
The complex is currently under restoration. A variety of tours are offered year-round.
William Allin Storrer, The Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright (1995), #100.
Lesley Neufield, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House Complex (2004), p. 2.